Monday, July 26, 2010

Popular Culture

Popular Culture to me is a bit like fads. It's what is all over MTV and what everyone is talking about. I'm not a big fan of popular culture because I think a lot of the time it's not what everyone likes, they just like it because of what it is. Today I would list examples of things like Lady Gaga, The Twilight Saga and Russell Brand as popular culture... It also includes things like fashion and hobbies. Things that people talk about and do on the weekends. I think popular culture is heavily influenced by these icons as shown below. People do things that they see them doing, or see them eating or wearing. Popular culture to me is strongly shaped by the media, from the controversial film clip on MTV to the next teen vampire heart-throb.



No comments:

Post a Comment