Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Four Elements


This Image could be an interesting representation of me.


Earth: Connected to the North, Earth is considered the ultimate feminine element. The Earth is fertile and stable, associated with the Goddess. The planet itself is a ball of life, and as the Wheel of the Year turns, we can watch all the aspects of life take place in the Earth: birth, life, death, and finally rebirth. The Earth is nurturing and stable, solid and firm, full of endurance and strength. In color correspondences, both green and brown connect to the Earth, for fairly obvious reasons!

The element of earth is relevant to my personality in the essence of the nurturing mother figure. I have younger sisters and have had to act like a mother figure for them at certain times. I have been told that i have a very caring, nurturing aspect of my personality which I am happy about because I can't wait to have children of my own.

Air: Air is the element of the East, connected to the soul and the breath of life. If you’re doing a working related to communication, wisdom or the powers of the mind, Air is the element to focus on. Air carries away your troubles, blows away strife, and carries positive thoughts to those who are far away. Air is associated with the colors yellow and white, and connects to the Tarot suit of Swords.

I think that the side of myself that relates to the element of air is my ability to listen to others. I quite often take in others problems and help overcome these things. I have always been someone that friends usually come to for advice and stability.

Fire: Fire is a purifying, masculine energy, associated with the South, and connected to strong will and energy. Fire both creates and destroys, and symbolizes the fertility of the God. Fire can heal or harm, and can bring about new life or destroy the old and worn. In Tarot, Fire is connected to the Wand suit. For color correspondences, use red and orange for Fire associations.

I have always been a very stubborn person with strong determination toward things that I decided i wanted. The element of fire emerges through these traits.

Water: Water is a feminine energy and highly connected with the aspects of the Goddess. Used for healing, cleansing, and purification, Water is related to the West, and associated with passion and emotion. In many spiritual paths, including Catholicism, consecrated Water can be found – holy water is just regular water with salt added to it, and usually a blessing or invocation is said above it. In Wiccan covens, such water is used to consecrate the circle and all the tools within it. As you may expect, water is associated with the color blue, and the Tarot suit of Cup cards.

I think of all the elements i have the strongest connection with water. I would say this because water to me gives a sense of strength as a whole and once you dive below the surface... the deeper you dive, the more you find. I tend to put up multiple "gates" that people have to work hard to get through. I keep a lot of myself locked away before things like trust and admiration can be certain.

When discussing this task with Anastasia Ward she put forward her interesting point of view. She told me that from an outsiders perspective she would have chosen the element "Earth" for me. She explained that water is too "wishy-washy" and as she is aware that i am stronger than that. Earth would be more fitted to her perception of me.

I thought this opinion was interesting because i have always seen myself as water. Perhaps the element i appear to be is a subconscious front.

"Maybe, you're a beach!?" Anastaszia Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment