Friday, July 16, 2010

Pillow Personality




















I started experimenting with my pillow. I think i took around 100 images and i really like majority of them. This is just 1 that i played around in photoshop with a bit :) I photographed two of my pillows. One of them is my body pillow which i think all on its own has a lot of meaning purely because of why I use it. The pillow creates a sense of security for me and i have photographed it in certain vulnerable positions. These images are implying that this pillow is my security and in tying it up and threading it through the steel bars of my bed creates an image resembling imprisonment, vulnerability, exposure and rape of control. This thought is quite unsettling for me and i have created this scene for that very reason. It is very dark and dramatic, i just need to play around more with shadow to enhance this mood of trauma.


No comments:

Post a Comment