Thursday, February 25, 2010

Solomon Enos

Solomon Enos conjures imaginative tales that convey his interest in local history and issues of representation.

This piece is called "Kuu era: Polyfantastica the Beginning". It is a futuristic storytelling project recounting 40 000 years of Hawaiian history.

I love this piece! To me it seems very, almost "fantasy", purely through the colours used and the style of work... Everything looks realistic yet something out of the imagination. I would love to look into this more to develop a better understanding.

"Enos' intricate storyboards feature fantastical characters battling and romancing against a dramatic backdrop of volcanic mountain ranges and urban landscapes." (Queensland art gallery, 2010)

This is my kind of Art! I love seeing the different ways people represent the human figure; In an abstract and fantastical way is how i like it :P
i draw a lot of anime and nearly every one of my characters is only half human... I love giving them bizarre and unique bodies or sometimes just an object.

No comments:

Post a Comment